As you gradually work your way back into the office, you may find it as another shock to your schedule. As challenging as it has been to have your life altered with guidelines to stay home, it is as much of a change to get back into that routine (safely). Maybe you’re rushing out the door out of habit to wake up early for your commute and need a quick breakfast. Or maybe you’re still working from home and need something substantial to eat while you juggle the kids and conference calls all in one space.
Regardless of the situation right now, these breakfast cookies are sure to get you through your morning or afternoon! They are made mostly with pantry staples and mashed banana. Sweetened naturally with fruit and honey these delicious cookies are full of heart healthy fats and fiber to keep you satisfied.
If you don’t have some of the ingredients, substitute what you do have. You can use any dried fruit or nuts as mix-ins. Feel free to add your own favorites. If you don’t have certain ingredients, such as apple sauce you can use another mashed banana instead.
Back to Work Breakfast Cookies
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup nut butter peanut butter, almond butter or sesame seed butter work great
- 1 banana mashed
- 2 cups dried fruit as a mix-in craisins, raisins, dried cherries or a mix!
- 1/4 cup flax meal optional for extra fiber and healthy fats
- 1/2 cup pepitas or chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup honey, agave or maple
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl and mix with either a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Mix until all ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is thick,
- Use a 1/4 cup to measure cookies and place on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes. Cookies will feel soft and chewy.
Cookies will keep for 5 days or 10 days in the refrigerator. You can make multiple batches and save in the freezer for easy breakfasts later on!